- The Taxpayer should use only validated bank account in Income Tax Return and Refund Re-Issue service request in e-Filing portal.
- Taxpayer can have multiple validated accounts and can add/remove bank accounts on Income Tax portal.
- In case Taxpayer login to e-Filing through net banking login then bank account details provided by bank will be added under pre-validated bank account details in e-Filing account upon confirmation by the user if the account details not present in Pre-validated bank account list).
- Once the bank account has been validated on Income Tax Portal the status will be shown as “VALIDATED”.
- The Refunds from Income Tax department will be credited in validated bank Account only.
ELECTRONIC VERIFICATION CODE (EVC)
Electronic Verification of Income Tax Return after filling is mandatory to accept the Income Tax return for further processing. EVC is a 10 digit unique alphanumeric code to confirm the identity of the person.
- EVC can be enabled for the validated bank account by validating the mobile number (Mandatory) and email ID (optional) with the bank. Tax payer can use the ‘Enable EVC’button for the same by selecting the any one of the validated bank account from the list (provided below).
- EVC can be enabled for only one bank account at any point of time. In case user trying to enable EVC for another validated account then, EVC option will be removed from the existing account.
Note: ‘Enable EVC’ button is Applicable only to the Individual taxpayers. Other categories of taxpayers cannot use their prevalidated bank account for generating EVC to e-Verify their Income Tax Returns and Forms.
- EVC Generation will be enabled only for the bank accounts with status “Validated and EVC Enabled”.
Following are the banks on which EVC can be enabled:
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- City Union Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Saraswat Bank
- South Indian Bank
- State Bank of India
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
Important Note: Prevalidation of bank account and Electronic verification code both are different concept as prevalidation of bank account is required to get the refunds only and Electronic verification code is required to verify the Income tax Return for further processing. A bank account may be shown as “VALIDATED” but not necessarily generate EVC.